Thursday, November 12, 2020

J.R. "Bob" Dobbs and the Church of the SubGenius Documentary now available everywhere!


The Sandy Boone documentary  J. R. "Bob" Dobbs and the Church of the SubGenius is finally available everywhere on every platform you can think of. And guess what; it's pretty great. It's all about the evolution of the Church and it's place in history for the last 40 years. I've only been active within the church officially as a card carrying member for like 6 years but I've been participating online with the Church for longer than that. It was really interesting seeing all the stuff I missed from the early days (I mean I was an infant for most of it so that's my excuse). I had no idea things got so intense with a lot of the older members. The newer SubGenius members seem so much more relaxed in comparison. 

I think everyone did a wonderful job on this movie. I loved the little animations interspliced with all the old footage from previous X-Day drills. 

I do wish they talked more about "Bob" himself as a presence within the Church and popular culture, and the influence "Bob" has had within media. But maybe that's a project for another filmmaker to take care of. 

For information on where to watch this documentary, to read reviews or watch interviews, check out Dobbstown for all your documentary needs.

Below is the trailer and some interviews with Sandy Boone (if you can't view it on your mobile device please click here to switch to full view).











No comments:

Post a Comment