Monday, June 17, 2019

Phantasma Collectibles -- Belial soft-vinyl figure (2019)


Every once in a while, as a collector, I stumble onto something I really want but I always talk myself out of it. Usually it's over prices. I'm on a strict budget, and I try not to go overboard with my hobby. There are more important things that pieces of sculpted plastic. But then, something I've actually dreamed of becomes manifested into reality and I have no choice but to pounce on it. I have too many regrets already, I couldn't let this slip through my fingers. 

The Basket Case series of movies is absolutely one of my favorite franchises. The original Basket Case is an absolute masterpiece of exploitation and schlock. The sequels continue the story from the original, but crank up the schlock to ridiculous proportions, creating that's close to being a parody of the original movie. They're all wonderful films, and I'm still waiting for a fourth installment to this very day.

But, I digress.

Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to introduce to you my first major purchase of this year, and what has to be one of my favorite figures of all time. From Phantasma Collectibles, here is a beautifully sculpted figure of Belial (from the Basket Case movies) in  wonderful vinyl. 

There are no words to describe how happy this makes me. I have always wanted a figure like this of Belial, ever since I was a teenager. 


While we're at it, here's my Belial pin, gifted to me by my best pal. The pin, by Pinheads Co., came with the basket and a small replica of the original movie poster. Next to the pin is an unpainted resin statue based off of a mold from a figure that was sold as a novelty I believe for the release of the Basket Case sequels. I may finally get around to painting this guy. 


Together, I have quite the shrine forming for this somewhat obscure movie monster. Personally, I see him more as a hero than a monster, but I suppose that's debatable. Much like The Toxic Avenger, Belial has a traumatic past and he absolutely massacres all the people who hurt him and his brother throughout his life. 


One of the best things about this figure is that is a near perfect fit for the basket that came with my pin! Now, I have a proper Belial for display! 

See kids, dreams do come true!


If you want to buy this Belial, or if you want to see more amazing stuff, check out the good folks at Phantasma Collectibles! They've got figures, pins, shirts, posters, and all sorts of fun horror themed stuff to satisfy your lust for blood and plastic!

https://phantasmacollectibles.com/

And if this sells well, maybe they'll make figures based off of the other Basket Case characters. I mean, a boy can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment