Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Annabelle Comes Home (2019) | Atomic Monster Productions, New Line Cinema, The Safran Company


Annabelle Comes Home, which is the third sequel to the Annabelle series, is tons and tons of fun. It is way more fun than the previous Annabelle movies, that's for certain, and I feel that's because it doesn't take itself so deathly seriously like the previous entries did. This isn't just a haunted house movie, it's a monster mash. There are haunted items and various ghosts running around everywhere in this Annabelle Comes Home, and what makes it even better, is that the main focus is on the kids in the cast, not the Warrens who star in the Conjuring movies. 


There isn't too much to say about the plot without giving away the actual events of the film itself, so I'll just leave it at that. The whole even was fun too. This was a preview screening so there was all kinds of stuff going on. We got free masks, posters, mini posters, and even enamel pins! I LOVE enamel pins! 


My partner and I love the Conjuring movies and all their sequels. They're fun. We're both former Catholics, so, some of the more religious elements get under our skins at times, but it serves the stories well so we don't complain too much about that. Admittedly though, we're rooting for the ghosts and monsters that appear. And we love Annabelle. 


So this isn't really a spoiler, since it's been covered in so many movies, but this particular movies really takes advantage of what Annabelle actually is. She is a sort of portal to the other-side, a conduit for ghosts and demons. So long as she is on the loose, the stronger the access is to our world for the entities that the Warrens battle is. Annabelle for sure has her own sentience, but she's powerful because her "friends" are powerful. 




So yeah, Annabelle rocks and this movie is great.

On my way out of the theater I grabbed a bunch of the masks that were given out. I figure they'd be better off in the hands of fans so I plan on giving them to friends of mine. Or maybe I'll just hang them up for Halloween.


The pin is kinda excellent too. The card it comes on resembles the case that Annabelle is usually trapped in. I'm not sure when I'll wear this, but it'll probably going on my bag for special occasions. It'd be nice if I could find an enamel pin based on the new Child's Play movie. I would absolutely sport a bag with Annabelle and Chucky side-to-side. 


 As a sidenote, I'd like to mention that AMC theatres currently have an Men in Black themed ICEE flavored called MIB Black Cherry and it's actually pretty delicious. I have zero plans on seeing the new Men in Black movie, but I would definitely head back to AMC for this ICEE flavor. Yum!


I hope they make more Annabelle movies, and I hope Annabelle keeps releasing more and more demons for us to enjoy for years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment