Monday, July 1, 2019

Coney Island Mermaid Parade 2019


I can't believe I forgot to post these pictures here. It's probably because I posted most of them on Twitter and Dobbs.Town, but better late than never, right? 

So, I love Coney Island. If I could I would be there everyday this time of year, just laying on the beach, eating raw oyster and just relaxing. The Mermaid Parade is the only parade I actually enjoy. Oh sure, it's horribly crowded, but the costumes are fun and the floats are too. Even people in the crowd wear costumes. Plus, in recent years, all sorts of food trucks have gotten involved. I still head straight to Pete's for raw oyster and beer, but this year I had a lobster sandwich from a food truck that's been featured on television (but I can't remember its name). 

As Tilly grins his grin, it shines rays of enjoyment throughout Coney Island. Everyone is there to have a good time, and there's usually little drama. Someone did faint from the heat on the Nathan's line that I was on, but everyone was quick to help. So, no harm no foul. 

Enjoy the pictures.


























After the parade I went to BookOff to check out their toys and collectibles. They really get some amazing stuff from time to time. I was really considering the Wiley Burp plush doll. 



And finally, I had dinner at Menkuitei. I really love their summer ramen set. 




Before we ended our day, we saw this; a big onion lodged into the ground. Perhaps it's a message from the stars! 


No comments:

Post a Comment