Saturday, September 14, 2019

I Love David: The Secret History of David Liebe Hart | Channel 5 | [adult swim]


What a weird and wholesome show. 

Recently, David Liebe Hart and his band were in NYC for a show, but I missed it due to work. I'm actually really heartbroken by that; it would have been nice to have gone and maybe even shake hands with DLH and meet him face-to-face. But I do have an amazing consolation price; "I Love David" premiered on [adult swim] by way of their Channel 5 lineup. 

It's nice knowing more about David and his personal history through this beautifully crafted show. You can tell they all had a good time planning it together. It's really all of David's imagination, personal myth, and real life history on display. We get everything you'd expect from DLH and his team; animation, puppets, a bit of self-deprecating humor, blunt honest, and a few surprises to keep you on your toes. 

Also, we get what might be the greatest sandwich in history! The David Liebe Hart Sandwich is really something to behold, like seriously, if I tried to consume it I would probably die. 


If you haven't watched it on the [adult swim] website yet, the first episode has been uploaded on YouTube (and is also above). I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment